Saturday 21 November 2015

Wallace’s Stone



Well, made it up to Scotland. Stopped off at Kendal en route to give a book talk. Fabulous time had by all. Very grateful to my readers who ventured out in the rain and the cold to meet me. Thanks also to Kinga and Janet for making me so welcome, and Tom at Soundsmith for last-minute projector hire.



Been flumping about my friend Paul's house. Coming to terms with Scottish temperatures. Wrapped up in his chunky jumper, drinking lots of coffee. It's a far cry from the 30c I left behind in Kigali.

Lowland Survival Kit
On Thursday we headed out to find the Fairy Well/Highlandman’s Well nearby. 

Paul Clearing the Well


We swung back past Wallace’s Stone, Dunblane. Lovely landscape. Exactly what I wanted to see during my return to the UK.


Panoramic - Click to Enlarge








I lay on this stone for a while, watching the clouds across the hills, the intermittent sun and rain.




After that, I took a wander over to the small copse to look at the trees. I stumbled upon Camp Runamuck.





Not too sure what they were trying to do here?



Tree Dalek?

I'm a fan of moss and lichen, so took a few pictures of those.


Hair Cap Moss?
Heather















Cup Markings


Headed back via the  Sheriffmuir Inn for a swift half.


Woke this morning to find snow on the hills.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!