Sunday 23 February 2014

Road Trip 2014 - Part IV: Hampty




Finally recovered from my birthday hangover, only to have a horrifying time getting out of London. Usually I'm westward bound, towards Gloucester, but this time I headed north, towards Northamptonshire. This forced me through Kilburn towards the M1. Traffic was at a standstill. The whole journey should have taken me two hours, it took three just to get out of London. I almost lost it on Park Lane. The lane changing was worse than Vauxhall Roundabout.

Still, I eventually made it home to Hampty and cake number three of the birthday. A nommy Thorntons' white chocolate cake - with sparklers! 

After a couple of panadol I was ready to start drinking again. Two bottles of champers later and the world was once again rosy.

I'm taking the rest of the year off to detox.

Yesterday we went for a lovely meal at Foxton Locks Inn with Mum, Merrick, my brother Will, nephew Damian, and his half-brother Leonardo.




Will & Damian (Leo peeking out behind)

Today is a completely lazy day. I've already had cake for breakfast. Managed to get some washing done, got a conference call tonight, but between now and then I intend to snooze, watch trash, and generally act like a cabbage.

Headed back to Gloucester tomorrow for a day, before driving down to Cardiff on the last leg of my farewell tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!