Tuesday 7 August 2012

Waterfalls




I've been climbing waterfalls.

A six hour bimble in the hills. Pulled myself up a boulder, hopped across a stream, slid down deer tracks, followed in the footsteps of a mountain goat. Unlike my friend, I have no sense of balance, but the gods also blessed me with no sense of vertigo either. I may be about to fall down a gaping crevasse, but at least I won't feel dizzy before it happens.

Skinny dipping in freezing mountain streams. Best day ever (since Tim Minchin).

Discovered that if you lie against a waterfall you become one with the waterfall. Press your face against it so that the water drums down your body and pulls at your hair - but creates a small pocket of air around your nose and mouth, so you can still breathe. You can stay like that for as long as you can take the cold.

And it is cold.


All the might of the mountains roaring down against your body, naked as nature.

I truly think I found paradise.

This land is filled with Urisks and fairy forts. 








Nekkid Lady
















Forth Valley



I shan't waffle on. There's nothing I can say that the landscape can't.

Stone Roses - Waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!