Tuesday 20 December 2011

Fond Familiars



Oooh, Dad's probably gonna kill me for this one.

Every time I try to take a day off blogging, something crops up that I just have to shout about. I made the fatal mistake of rummaging through the attic last night and unearthed some truly ancient photo albums. More ancient with each year that passes.

There was truly craziness in there, some of which I may share one day when I'm too sozzled to stop myself. But I thought the above was kind of seasonal. I must have been about three or four. I think the expression on Dad's face is: 'Did I keep the receipt?'

I found equally embarrassing photos of my talented cousins Alx, Billy and Jimmy. Trust me, when the time is right, I'm cashing in ;)

I'll share one more. Two things I've mentioned recently: my love of standing stones, and a recent trip to Stratton. Found a lovely picture of Marilyn, her mum, Marj, and myself at Stanton Drew. Fond memories as we draw towards the longest night.


L-R: Marj, Marilyn and moi


Discovered I have bags and bags of things I'd forgotten about. Contemplating going through it all in the New Year and trying to stick bits into scrapbooks. There's got to be a few past lives in there.

Was going to save the following song for my Solstice post tomorrow, but I'm feeling healthily heathen. Thanks to a friend, I've had this on repeat in my mind for the past week. I no longer feel it fair to carry the burden alone. 

Time to get your Red Shoes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!