Monday 23 July 2007

Yay Dad! :)



(Sorry to embarrass you Dad, but it has to be said!)

He's on the 'Silver Command' for Cheltenham Borough Council dealing with the flooding, one of the worst affected areas. After the Police/Fire Brigade/Army etc. (Gold Command), they are the emergency planning team who deal with all of the other provisions such as the supply of drinking water and emergency shelter and housing (which is Dad's area).

Not having a TV myself I didn't realise just how bad things were until I turned on the news in the kitchen today whilst eating lunch. My jaw hit the floor as Fergal Keane introduced the devastation around the country. This is the special I watched. I knew there had been problems on the M4 as our friends couldn't get over last weekend, but the scale of it had not hit home until I saw the images.

Dad works for Cheltenham but lives in Gloucester and is without water himself at the moment as the supply got contaminated and there was a power cut too, luckily his house is okay but there's a shortage of water as the tanks can't keep up.

Hopefully the water has peaked now and will start to go down, but you can't help wondering if this is a sign of things to come.

In the mean-time, go Dad! :op

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Posts are moderated so there may be a delay before they appear. Thanks for reading!